Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: stress test and ecocardiogram

teresa1961 - Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:30 pm

I HAD A STRESS TEST AND A ECOCARDIOGRAM DONE. I COULD NOT STAY ON THE STRESS TEST BUT 3 MINUTES TOP. MY BLOOD PRESSURE WENT UP TO 265/125 SO THEY STOPPED THE TEST AND LAID ME DOWN AND DID THE ECO. DOCTOR SAID THAT HE COULD NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG. THIS WAS DONE ON APRIL THE 7TH. THE REASON IT WAS DONE WAS BLOOD PRESSURE NOT CONTROLLABLE. MY BLOOD PRESSURE IN NOW UNDER CONTROL BUT I STILL AND VERY TIRED AND CAN'T DO ANYTHING THAT RAISES MY HEART RATE. DO I NEED TO SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR?
 sherwood girl - Wed May 04, 2005 1:39 am

I have similar problems...high blood pressure...exercise intolerance....I have seen two internists at UCLA and a cardiologist who are unable to explain my symptoms. I "passed" my stressecho as well. However, I went for a second opinion to a world renowned cardiologist...who seems to think the problem may be a blocked artery to my kidney. I am having the ultrasound for that tomorrow. Apparently uncontrollable high blood pressure is one of the key symptoms. You may want to check out this avenue with your doctor as well.

Good Luck.
Sherwood Girl
 Candy - Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:16 pm

I would like to know the standard of care for a positive thallium stress test done in a Cardiologist's office. Should he be present? Are the results available to the Cardiologist immediately? If I have a positive TST and have a history of AMI with stenting and recent chest pain, should I be immediately admitted to a hospital or allowed to go home?
 appxangel - Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:26 am

a day since early May 2004 ,
age 30 and 5'11" only wieghs 198 lbs .he thought he was having a heart attack,had been having heavy chest pains in center of chest,never letting up,radiated to arms, then to shoulder blades.The morning I took him in to ER he bent over He was disoriented, Both arms went numb, he said he JUST knew something was not right .and actually felt like someone reached in side his chest and grabed his heart and squeezed it as to wring it out.and then it when numb. He looked absolutely PALE.
His labs only showed low( K),x-rays showed slightly enlarged heart, and they trasfered him to another local hospital ,kept him in ICU 4 days,where they had a cardiologist, because nitro relieved his pain,only to tenderness,from a 11 on a 10 scale.where they did a cath found no blockage, only a LAD myocardialbridge.(which I find A big deal as I have studied these). His Cardio doc (army one)he sees now, seems to think is not his problem.I have 3 ekg of his all of when he complained with severe chest pain.they all have abnormalties, and they marked NORMAL ekgs.I am trying to see if these doctors have even let a cardio doctor see these at all or if they are turning a BLIND eye. so to speak.One is from 2003, one from 2004, and his may 2005, his 2003 ekg has from lead2 M shaped p waves VL no T waves / lead V 2 has prominant terminal Neg Companent to P wave.Leads 3 AVF & 2where heart beat registers look like arollercoaster .
V2,&,V 5 on Lead 2 the S waves runs straight into the R wave of Lead 3.
Pretty wierd..
2004 ekg abnormalties:lead2 small p waves 1mm tall w/ long T waves
V1 No Twaves some look like U waves/ V2- Tall R-waves/long St segment
V3 long St segment R & S waves look tall(need to measure though)
V4 absent Q- wave,Tall S-wave, Long- Small ST segment
V5 Long P-wave,Absent Q-wave,Tall S-wave
V-6 Long St-wave
Lead 3 (Inverted t-wave),Q-Wave Present
by his now army cardo doc:
then had an echo ,which revealed slighty elevated atrial pressure in the right side of his heart, did an echo bubble to look for a hole in his heart was NEG.he has been in beta blockers dialtaz CD and a baby aspirin a day.
cholesterol is high 258 off meds
Bp high off meds up to 195/95
PT levels were 14, & 13.9 on dates he had attacks,aPTT was (38.1)Both high
his BUN has been as low as 3 and 6 lately
AST(44),ALT(68),& protien totals (8.4)are asymptomatic they go from (H) for 3 months to norm, CA was 10.4 sept 2005(high)
same with tryglicerites(high),and LDL is still at (113)
his platelets (were 446)Now showing normal.(300)

Has dysphnea on exertion after 20-25 min of any normal activity.
shoulder still hurts,THROBBING pain,right arm stays cold,upper torso stays cold as well.

Has unexlained numness of limbs at different times usually right after activity,
TROBBING headache,
disorientation comes with this and burning sensatision in legs,has some permanent facial paralysis on right side near ear from last episode.affected right eye sight as well.
Neurologist is trying to say Mri was normal,(we found several abnormalties)
AUG 11 my husband wa thaken to our ER by ambulance with those symptoms ,left in ER room for 6 hours before being seen by an Army doc, NO mri , no Ct scan was done, They released him, with giving him 2 potassium pills and an aspirin, after seein 1 year earlier results of a cath test. and notes from a 3 year earlier MRI.
any help with this is so welcomed I feel like he is being Let slip through the cracks over here,is why they have soldiers dying like flies.
I don't want him to be the next statistic. Thanks so much.
 Dr. A. Rajput - Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:37 am

User avatar
sherwood girl wrote:Hi,

Good Luck.
Sherwood Girl

Ofcourse it too difficult to comment without examining.

The cardiologist is right. One of the possibilites 'Renal artery stenosis (Blocked artery to kidney)'.

Idon't mean to scare you with big words but Pheochromocytoma too should be ruled out. It is the tumor of adrenal glands which are situated just above the kidneys. Its one of the causes of uncontrollable hypertension along with renal artery stenosis.

Pheochromocytoma can be ruled out by CT-scan and Urine-VMA tests.

Wish you all the best.

Regards

a_medico

|