Question: Angiogram - How long

norby - Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:03 am

Hi.

I had an angiogram nearly 2 years ago and I was wondering how long the results are valid.

Assuming Cholesterold levels are acceptable and no other significant changes in health, how long are these results considered current?

Norby.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 am

User avatar Hi norby,
Changes may occur with time to the body. If unusual or additional health symptoms presented I would consider a past result invalid.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 am

Dear Norby,

Well, i don't know your medical history, but, we do not request another angiogram as long as you do not have a complaint and you haven't had an angioplasty (stents in your coronary arteries).

If u had another anginal attack , went to the hospital ,got high levels of serum tropinin I and cardiac enzymes, new ECG changes compared to your old ones, then another angiogram should be highly considered and compared to your previous one ofcourse.

I hope that helped,

norby - Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:02 am

Thank you. I should have mentioned that the angiogram was perfectly OK and the Dr. performed it mainly to put my mind at ease rather than for real specific symptoms. I was warned it was "overkill" but I opted for it anyway. From a worry point of view it seemed to work for a while but I was curious as to the lengh of the diagnosis. I currently have no other symptoms.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:13 am

Dear Norby,
As long as you are controlling your cholesterool levels , having a healthy lifestyle..., exercising if you can (if it is not a problem for you) , you don't have cardiac symptoms or any significant symptoms and you did a ROUTINE angiogram!!! (I am very surprised)!!! then you shouldn't worry at all!! because worrying is stressful and it can lead to hypertension and developing other health problems.

Enjoy your life :)

|