News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Angiogram - How long

norby - Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:03 am

I had an angiogram nearly 2 years ago and I was wondering how long the results are valid.

Assuming Cholesterold levels are acceptable and no other significant changes in health, how long are these results considered current?

Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 am

User avatar Hi norby,
Changes may occur with time to the body. If unusual or additional health symptoms presented I would consider a past result invalid.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 am

Dear Norby,

Well, i don't know your medical history, but, we do not request another angiogram as long as you do not have a complaint and you haven't had an angioplasty (stents in your coronary arteries).

If u had another anginal attack , went to the hospital ,got high levels of serum tropinin I and cardiac enzymes, new ECG changes compared to your old ones, then another angiogram should be highly considered and compared to your previous one ofcourse.

I hope that helped,

Best regards,
 norby - Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:02 am

Thank you. I should have mentioned that the angiogram was perfectly OK and the Dr. performed it mainly to put my mind at ease rather than for real specific symptoms. I was warned it was "overkill" but I opted for it anyway. From a worry point of view it seemed to work for a while but I was curious as to the lengh of the diagnosis. I currently have no other symptoms.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:13 am

Dear Norby,
As long as you are controlling your cholesterool levels , having a healthy lifestyle..., exercising if you can (if it is not a problem for you) , you don't have cardiac symptoms or any significant symptoms and you did a ROUTINE angiogram!!! (I am very surprised)!!! then you shouldn't worry at all!! because worrying is stressful and it can lead to hypertension and developing other health problems.

Enjoy your life :)

Best regards,

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here