News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Angiogram - How long

norby - Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:03 am

Hi.

I had an angiogram nearly 2 years ago and I was wondering how long the results are valid.

Assuming Cholesterold levels are acceptable and no other significant changes in health, how long are these results considered current?

Thanks
Norby.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 am

User avatar Hi norby,
Changes may occur with time to the body. If unusual or additional health symptoms presented I would consider a past result invalid.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:44 am

Dear Norby,

Well, i don't know your medical history, but, we do not request another angiogram as long as you do not have a complaint and you haven't had an angioplasty (stents in your coronary arteries).

If u had another anginal attack , went to the hospital ,got high levels of serum tropinin I and cardiac enzymes, new ECG changes compared to your old ones, then another angiogram should be highly considered and compared to your previous one ofcourse.

I hope that helped,

Best regards,
 norby - Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:02 am

Thank you. I should have mentioned that the angiogram was perfectly OK and the Dr. performed it mainly to put my mind at ease rather than for real specific symptoms. I was warned it was "overkill" but I opted for it anyway. From a worry point of view it seemed to work for a while but I was curious as to the lengh of the diagnosis. I currently have no other symptoms.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:13 am

Dear Norby,
As long as you are controlling your cholesterool levels , having a healthy lifestyle..., exercising if you can (if it is not a problem for you) , you don't have cardiac symptoms or any significant symptoms and you did a ROUTINE angiogram!!! (I am very surprised)!!! then you shouldn't worry at all!! because worrying is stressful and it can lead to hypertension and developing other health problems.

Enjoy your life :)

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here