Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Not sure what could be happening...

xdmajorx - Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:47 am

Hello. Iam 14 years old and these things have been happening to me for the last few months.
about twice or three times a day I get very dizzy and lightheaded and spotted vision, sometimes I get nauseous. Usually I'll just be walking or right after I get up from sitting for a long time, and those things will happen for about a minute or two. Yesterday I was talking to a friend and it happened and I had to sit down. It never was that bad that I would have to sit down though.
I have no idea what could be causing this to happen. Can anyone help me, please??

-Nichole
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun May 01, 2005 2:26 am

What you are complaining of is known as postural hypotension. The causes are numerous from a previous long stay in bed to more serious diseases. I would advise you to have it checked out if it has been happening for a few months as you say. Especially if it is increasing in frequency or intensity.

|