Question: Doctors are not helping much! weird chest sensation+other

Rob B - Mon May 02, 2005 1:59 pm

I am 22 yrs old and away at school in a small town. i am really worried because i live in an apartment by myself and the docotors here seem to show no concern. I have been to the school doctor and emergency room.

It started about a week and a half ago i was sitting at my computer and it felt as if my left peck was was having muscle spasims, but it was more towards the center of my chest. It lasted for like 4 or 5 heart beats. My left hand went tingly. Ever sense then i have felt a weird flickering in my left chest. Sometimes I get a shortness of breath as if I can not take full breathes and if I talk i get out of breathe. I do ocassionally get a mild chest pain, but I have had alot of gas lately. I have also experinced some muscle spasims in my arms. My feases has also been a green color lately. another thing is i seem to be alittle dizzy sometimes and it seems whenever i get in a car I get really dizzy.

I wore the holter moniter and my doctor called me today and said that while i was wearing i had 2 I guess you can call them episodes. once when i was sleeping and one in the morning were my heart ray was extremely low. he said 34 Beats a minute. they also did blood work at the hospital, a sonagram on my heart and chest x-rays. But I did not here any results for any of them?

I know i have been extremely stressing lately becaus of this and I have not been fall ing asleep until 3 am or later. Also i am defintly getting anxeity but i do not know how much to contribute to that. I am extremely worried and do not trust the doctors here at all. IWhat is actually worry me most is that they seem very lazy and I know because of m age they may not be taking me seriously. But i know something is definitly. I hate going to the doctors and I only go when it is neccasary
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:33 pm

User avatar You more than likely had palpitations - they can feel scary and cause anxiety, even mild panic attacks which have all the symptoms you describe like dizziness, shortness of breath and elevated heart rate. Anxiety and stress can cause you to have more gas than usual also. You need to talk to someone about getting control of anxiety, to avoid developing other various symptoms. More than likely the reason the doctors are acting nonchanlant is because nothing remarkable has shown. Your lack of sleep makes anxiety worse as well.

Cut out all stimulants and alcohol, avoid sugar, get at least 8 hours of sleep EVERY night, and see someone about your stress/anxiety. It is very normal for young people, these symptoms are actually quite common.

Your stools could be from diet or medications - if you don't have constipation/diarrhea, I wouldn't worry. If you continue to worry, ask to have a stool study.

|