Question: Bit Concerned! Body Pulsing with Pain and Fatigue.

flexiblegoat - Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:22 pm

Hello all. I am a 24 yr male, 6'3 and slender.

Every now and then I get fatigued. I had mono like 2-3 years ago. After that it was downhill. My symptoms: I get anxious and sometimes pain in my legs like I need to strech them. My upper left chest hurts and my left arm...while it even feels less sensative than my othe arm or tingley. My left jaw hurts too and I get light headaches often.

My upper left side of my back hurts too and generally feels better to rub it or move my arm and chest around to get it to leave, but will generally stay the rest of the day. The center of my chest or sternum gets tight too and if I arch back I can crack it or pop it. Weird?

Also my lower back hurts every now and then, rubbing it helps a bit. I feel like I need to burp when I hurt and I have heart burn when I wake up just about everyday. Drinking a bunch of water helps some. Every now and then 1-3 times a week I have palpatations too or what ever it is when your breath catches and it pushes air out (like a cough).

My BP flux around 132/73 to at the doctors 151/83. I've had a stress test/echo and everything was good, but my BP took a while to go down. Have NOT gotten my cholestrol checked.

Why the pain, the fatigue, the palpatations, the anxiety. Oh and the anxiety seems to go down the more active I am. My chest gets tight when I run...like I need to pop it. Thanks for you help.

I sit at a computer like 10hrs a day... I do catch myself leaning forward and holding my self up with my elbows alot. ALWAYS when I get up from my chair and walk, my body and chest pulses pretty hard for a minute or so. I usually have a conciousness of my pulse which i feel sitting and lying down (kina like when you pull an all nighter, your body pulses a bit). I always catch my self with a tight stomach too. I run a few times a week and eat generally heathy...if I remember to:)
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:15 pm

User avatar Have you also had a blood/urine workup and general physical?

Since you have been cleared for cardiac involvement, are you eating enough? If you don't eat every few hours, your blood glucose can become low and cause fatigue/headaches, and the pounding in your heart when you get up. It will go even lower a couple of hours after you eat sugar or carb-only snacks or meals.

Sitting at computers for that long every day is definitely not healthy for your neck and back or your eyes (which can cause the headache too). You get stiff when sitting for that long. Anxiety is causing your stomach tightness and you may be clenching your teeth and not be aware of it.

Anxiety and stress cause us to tighten the whole body for long periods of time, causing various aches and pains in the chest, arms, neck, back, stomach and myriads of other complaints and can cause all the symptoms you describe, including heartburn and palpitations.

Make sure you get up every 30 minutes or so to walk around, breathe deeply and stretch. If you start to feel very anxious or stressed, leave your work area for a few minutes. You are correct about excercise; it lowers stress/anxiety and depression considerably. Try to get on a schedule of daily aerobic excercise to help with this.

Avoid sugar, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco, as these all contribute to the problem.

Very importantly, make sure you get 8-9 hours of sleep every night and at the same time. Lack of sleep makes the situation much worse, even if you think you don't need the sleep, do it for a week and see if you don't feel much improved, more alert, less anxious.

You may also want to discuss treating this with some medication.

|