Question: Only 15 and having chest pain

sew - Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:41 pm

I am worried that the pain I am having in my chest area is abnormal at only 15. I feel like my heart is leaping out of my chest and there is much pain with it. I have not told anyone about it because I think I may be paranoid. The places where I take my pulse are visibly pulsating and the my chest area is bulging where my heart is beating soo hard against my chest. I have tried exercising and I am in severe pain that I cannot catch my breath. My resting heart rate is in the low to mid hundreds. I have never experienced anything like this before and I am scared. Is this normal?Nothing is working to calm my pulse down and the bulging from my chest gets worse every night.. Please respond!! thank you in advance!!
 Kim C, RN - Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:06 pm

Being in pain is not a usual state of affairs, and a trip to your physician allows him/her to check you and your symptoms out and decide if some kind of testing is needed. It is not paranoid to want some answers about why you're in pain!!

Please tell your parents about this so that they can make a doctor's appointment for you. Good luck and hope you're feeling better soon!

|