News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: MVP/Mitral Regurgitation

tiffslay - Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:18 pm

I'm 29 years old and was diagnosed with MVP/Mitral Regurgitation and Bradycardia when I was 25. I went to the cardiologist because of occasional spells of dizziness, shortness of breath, and low heart rates (sometimes in the 40s). It's been about 3 1/2 years since my last trip to the cardiologist. I was also recently diagnosed with high cholesterol (not sure if that has any relevance). My question is that recently I've been very short of breath (can't seem to breathe deeply enough like I can't catch my breath), I've been having some chest pains, dry cough at night while sleeping (enough to wake me up), and swelling of my hands. I haven't told anyone yet because I don't want to upset anyone if it's nothing. I feel too young to be having these problems and don't want people to think it's all in my head. I have a doctors appointment on the 24th of June and I would like to know if these symptoms are related to anything with my current heath issues or am I being over sensitive. More over should I bring up all of these symptoms to my cardiologist, I don't want him to think I'm nuts.
Thanks,
Tiffany
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:53 pm

User avatar You should call your cardiologist before your appointment and tell him these symptoms, especially since they just started recently, there could be a connection.

Don't ever withold complaints to avoid appearing "nuts", this is your health!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here