Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Sharp but fun pain in chest around heart area

agb - Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:59 pm

Hi Doc, I have this pain that in my heart area somewhat down from the heart. I have no medical coverage and not welcome many place because of it.
Symptoms are as follows: Tired, Weakness, pain in chest arer midway down chest about index figure over from center of back bone. Lasted about one week now with somewhat light pain generating into left arm at time. I have not nevers in left hand from carpel tunnel problem so I don't know how far it generates
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:33 pm

You have not said whether you are a male or a female. Whether you smoke or not, whether you have any chronic disease for which you are treated and whether any of your first fegree family members (mother, father, older brother or sister) had heart attacks in the past or not. A family history of high blood pressure and diabetes should also be considred.

Also you did not mention how long the pain lasts, is it related to exercise in any way and what do you do to make the pain go away.

The symptoms that you are describing could be related to many things.

Chest pain is always worriesome for coronary disease. At young age, it is rare to have coronary disease, but it is not unheard of. Chest pain could also be related to other conditions such as mitral valve prolapse and blood clots going to the lungs among others.

Do you work out? Do you do physical work, lifting, etc.?

As far as carpal tunnel syndrome its pain is usually restricted to the wrist and hand. It commonly presents as pain (usually a burning pain), numbness and tingling in your thumb, index, and middle fingers. Tingling, numbness, or pain, which may move up your arm to your elbow but not the chest. These symptoms are usually worse at night.

|