Question: Chest Pain (sharp) on right side just below the caller bone

2muchluv - Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:55 pm

I am a 24/f/135lbs/5'6 with chest pain, when walking long distances or carrier objects longer then 30min. FOr example, carring a backpack, to school. No, heavy breathing. Never smoked. Since the month of October, I have been experiencing sharp chest pain, on the right side just below the caller bone, now the pain has moved lower left side of the chest. This feel is similiar from one year ago, having toxemia during pregnancy at 39 wks. I was given high blood pressure medicine, and taken off it, right at my 6wks check up. I lost all of the fluid gain with in 3mon.
No family history of heart attack, stroke or any other illnesses. Anemia is very common in the women.
Exercise: moderate 2 X 30min. walking a day
I don't know what else to point but hope this will help you tell me if this is a serious problem? Or exhaustion?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:11 pm

User avatar 2muchluv,
Where is this pain exactly? Does it lie beneath the breast? What relieves this chest pain? Does it always occur? Have you checked your blood picture recently?
 2muchluv - Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:09 pm

Where is this pain exactly? the pain is just above my breast on the right side and sometimes in the center of the right breast and sometimes travel across the chest closer towards the collar bone and moves above the breast on left side
Does it lie beneath the breast?no
What relieves this chest pain? I have not tried anything to relieve it, it comes while I am walking and it goes away while I am walking. NO more then 5min. But after a long walk it will reoccur after I have settle down.
Does it always occur? at least once everyday now
Have you checked your blood picture recently?no
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:28 pm

User avatar Well from your description this isnt the typical chest pain that is associated with heart disease. You don't seem to have any risk factors either. There are however, many causes of chest pain other than heart disease. The only way to pin down the cause is by physical examination. It could easily turn out to be muscle pain related to your effort. In such a case a simple muscle relaxant will do the job. Get an appointment with your doctor. If he is suspicious he will perform an ECG or thalium scan to rule out ischemic heart disease.
Regards,
 2muchluv - Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:30 pm

I appreciate the answer.

|