Question: Fainting and near fainting

seahorse618 - Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:21 pm

I used to have these episodes frequently, but in the last few years it has only happened a few times.
When I was younger I was told that I was hypoglycemic. The last time I fainted at work, the paramedics came, and tested my blood sugar and said it was normal. I went to the ER just to make sure I was ok, and they didnt know what was wrong with me.
What could be causing this?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:01 pm

User avatar In some cases, there is no detectable explanation for the occasional fainting episode, but since you have a history of this, if you haven't, it would be a good idea to see your doctor for a full physical workup and perhaps a cardiology referral.