Question: 16 with chest and neck pains, needle feeling +dizzy

_JaY_ - Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:32 am

Hi, i am 16 years old, i'm a non-smoker but my both my parents have been smoking my hole life and my mother smoked when she was pregnant with me. I don't drink what so ever or do drugs, even though theres a HUGE influence around my area. I recently have been having thoughts about dieing and thinking about heart issues and being alittle on the "safe side" of things instead of being wild...... Recently around 1 month now i've been feeling chest pains and having heavy heart beats, then i stoped thinking about my heart beats and dieing and everything like that now, so i now have sharp pain in my neck and left chest, around the heart area. Also when i swallow sometimes i feel like somethings in my throat as in it feels weired to swallow and then if i ignorit it, it sumtimes goes away after 15 minutes, or just has a "numb" feeling. Though my neck pains have been lower to were your coller bone gets "were the bone ends were there is a soft spot\hole" to about half way up the neck with sharp pains. In my family reciently there has been a death of my cuzzi w\ heart related issues but had drugs influenced into it
Click here!
but at the same time my grandma lived over 95 years old on my moms side, had very few health problems, Kenneth ‘Kenny' Everett Erickson on this site about half way down
Click here!
on my dads side him my grandpa and my other grandpa have had heart problems and 1 of them almost died because of them and 1 has(was heart and lung issues(kenny)), i'm not sure what heart problems any of them had though. I'm usualy not under much stress, but have regular stress of a "teenager".i do plenty of exercise as in running, i'm very fast runner, play alot of football, go fishing,bowling, SKATEBOARD alot....which takes alot of energy, go on computer and listenen 2 music is the only time that i don't think about my heart or anything going on usualy. Also i've had for quite sum time for 8-10months being dizzy on and off sometimes i just quit everything i'm doing since i'm so dizzy if it doesn't go away and get nervous and then usualy try and go 2 sleep and wake up the next day refreshed.... or just out of nowere i can concentrate on stuff but then i move my head to look at something else and then i get really dizzy and get butterflys and nervous cuz its so weired and then just wana go and "sleep" sometimes running stops the dizzyness...i am 5'10'', 165 pounds.

Please have answers
_JaY_
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:37 pm

User avatar Jay, you are having symptoms that cannot be diagnosed here, I suggest you tell your parents about the dizziness and pain, and the "heavy heart beats", which are probably palpitations. Some palpitations are harmless, most in fact, but since you are also having dizziness, you do need to see a doctor.
 _JaY_ - Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:55 pm

well thanks for spending time to read all that i wrote and sort of help me i guess but, after 5 hour wait i got into the walkin at the nearby hospital, and i found out that i had something to do with my "chest wall" and they said i had a very slow heart beat, average of 42-46 bpm, and gave me sum medication that was like ibeprophine so, thanks anyways for the help

_JaY_

|