News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Arrhythmias

Question: More than V-tach?

BmwMan - Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:12 am

I am a 18 yr old male. about 10 months ago i was told that i have Venticular Tachycardia, lasting around 7-11 beats. but i have other symptoms that worry me, such as, arm and chest pains, dizzyness, tiredness, "gurgle" type feelings near heart and shortness of breath.
i Get a V-tach on averge twice a week, but sometimes its worse then other times. one day i could have 9-10 v-tachs and the next day none or one. for a month i did not have any,. then out of nowhere i would have 4 or 5.
I am worried that i have more then just V.T., what about Heart valve disease? or Coronary artery diesase?
my doctors don't see me anymore because they think that the problem isnt bad enough to treat. and i am on no medication. what should i do?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:08 pm

User avatar Bmwman,
V-tach always creates anxiety. I am sure that your doctors have excluded both valve and coronary diseases. If you feel that your condition is worsening you should seek another checkup since the last one is 10 months ago. Unfortunately I am in no condition to tell you not to worry about it but it does seem to be anxiety thats the problem more than anything else.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here