News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: numbness and pain in hands. fingers go white or purple

Rachel Giffen - Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:50 pm

Dear Dr.,

I am a 43 year old female living in New York. I have had 4 children by c-section. They were all full-term. I have had my teeth removed at age 30. I have recently been diagnosed with severe TMJ. I have been suffering from this almost 2 years. A new dentist is making me a new set of dentures. He claims my old set caused the TMJ. My skeleton has not felt right for some time now. I am a smoker. I have been trying to cut down. I need help. I do not have a life living this way. I have pain as my constant companion. I am not the person I was, even to myself. My equilibrium is off etc.....Please write back. Thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:12 pm

User avatar Dear Rachel,
I am sorry to hear about all the suffering you are going through. Where is the pain exactly is it in your fingers? Does this happen only in the winter cold?
 Rachel Giffen - Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:40 pm

Tamer Fouad, M.D. wrote:Dear Rachel,
I am sorry to hear about all the suffering you are going through. Where is the pain exactly is it in your fingers? Does this happen only in the winter cold?

Dear Dr.,
Thank you for answering so promtly. The pain is in my fingers when I try to do up buttons, twist off a cap or sometimes when I don't do anything that strenuous. I forgot to mention that very often the bottoms of my feet burn and sometimes I feel a traveling burning on different parts of my body i.e.: my back, my thigh, my hip. I spoke w/ my Dad today and he is not a doctor, just a Dad :), and he thinks it might be circulation or arthritis-based or perhaps a touch of diabetes. Sometimes my fingers will hurt if I touch them with my fingernail. I hope that all that I have told you will help you with a diagnosis. By the way, this all started about 2 weeks ago & it is cold here. Please be in touch and thank you again for your interest. Good night from the U.S.A. #- Rachel
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:59 am

User avatar Is it a pain that happens on moving the fingers (joint pain). Is there a tenderness in the finger bones? Or is the pain only in the finger tips?
 Rachel Giffen - Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:08 am

Tamer Fouad, M.D. wrote:Is it a pain that happens on moving the fingers (joint pain). Is there a tenderness in the finger bones? Or is the pain only in the finger tips?

Dear Dr.,

Thank you again for your prompt response. My answer is both. The pain was so bad last night that I woke up from it at 3 A.M. Looking forward to hearing from you. #Rachel

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here