Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: numbness and pain in hands. fingers go white or purple

Rachel Giffen - Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:50 pm

Dear Dr.,

I am a 43 year old female living in New York. I have had 4 children by c-section. They were all full-term. I have had my teeth removed at age 30. I have recently been diagnosed with severe TMJ. I have been suffering from this almost 2 years. A new dentist is making me a new set of dentures. He claims my old set caused the TMJ. My skeleton has not felt right for some time now. I am a smoker. I have been trying to cut down. I need help. I do not have a life living this way. I have pain as my constant companion. I am not the person I was, even to myself. My equilibrium is off etc.....Please write back. Thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:12 pm

User avatar Dear Rachel,
I am sorry to hear about all the suffering you are going through. Where is the pain exactly is it in your fingers? Does this happen only in the winter cold?
 Rachel Giffen - Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:40 pm

Tamer Fouad, M.D. wrote:Dear Rachel,

Dear Dr.,
Thank you for answering so promtly. The pain is in my fingers when I try to do up buttons, twist off a cap or sometimes when I don't do anything that strenuous. I forgot to mention that very often the bottoms of my feet burn and sometimes I feel a traveling burning on different parts of my body i.e.: my back, my thigh, my hip. I spoke w/ my Dad today and he is not a doctor, just a Dad :), and he thinks it might be circulation or arthritis-based or perhaps a touch of diabetes. Sometimes my fingers will hurt if I touch them with my fingernail. I hope that all that I have told you will help you with a diagnosis. By the way, this all started about 2 weeks ago & it is cold here. Please be in touch and thank you again for your interest. Good night from the U.S.A. #- Rachel
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:59 am

User avatar Is it a pain that happens on moving the fingers (joint pain). Is there a tenderness in the finger bones? Or is the pain only in the finger tips?
 Rachel Giffen - Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:08 am

Tamer Fouad, M.D. wrote:Is it a pain that happens on moving the fingers (joint pain). Is there a tenderness in the finger bones? Or is the pain only in the finger tips?

Dear Dr.,

Thank you again for your prompt response. My answer is both. The pain was so bad last night that I woke up from it at 3 A.M. Looking forward to hearing from you. #Rachel

|