Question: Pain in left shoulder blade

uvelta - Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:30 pm

I have had the following symptoms for one year. Started out with spasms in left shoulder blade made my left arm tingle . Now tenderness in that area and under arm pit spreading to left breast . Since my sister died from colon cancer and she said her back hurt when it started it scares me . I went to the dr but he gave me an ekg and said it muscular. I told him my fear about cancer he just said ya don't have it , This is not a pulled muscle . It feels more like pressure under my left shoulder blade . I can feel a lump under arm pit but he said its not there . He refuses to send me for any kind of test , I am not a hysterical person and rarely go to the dr , I would just like to know what these symptoms are maybe a sign of so I can relax or agressively seek treatment . Thanks
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:36 pm

User avatar Dear Uvelta,

Your symptoms sound like that might be from neck spine problems, i would recommend that you have a neck x-ray/ct scan to exclude this problem.

If you want to rule out cancer colon and whether or not there are metastasis, it is going to be a long and very expensive endeavor. i suggest that you start with something simple and cheap and that is to have a test to detect blood in the stools and if it is negative 3 times in a row then the chance that you have colon cancer is slim.

|