News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Ischemic Heart Disease

Question: ST & T abnormality

niceone - Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:54 am

Dear Dr,
I am 35 year old man. Last year i did master health check up. There was abnormality in my ECG saying ST & T abnormality. So, i took ECHO test. Every thing was normal and no block in my valve. Now i took ECG again i shows ST & T waves abnormality.
ECG test result is :
SINUS TRCHYCARDIA
LEFT ATRIAL ABNORMALITY
ST & T ABNORMALITY, CONSIDER
ANTERIOR ISCHEMIA OR LEFT VENTRICULAR STRAIN

UNCONFORMED REPORT.
Dr. i am trying job out of my country, so i have to pass medical test including ECG. I want to bring those ST & T curves to normal. Then only i will pass through it. Taking medicine will it bring to normal ECG. Thank you very much for your time.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:39 am

User avatar Dear Niceone,

There are ekg machines that interpret ecgs automatically according to an algorithm. This report though has to be confirmed by a doctor because in many instances the interpretation is not correct.

Your second report says unconfirmed, so it has to be condfirmed by a doctor first to be sure that you really have st & t abnormality and exactly is this abnormality.

The first time around, it looks that your doctor wanted to rule out structural heart abnormality with the echo. Echo is more reliable than the ecg as the heart is visualized in real time.

Has your doctor seen the second ecg? If yes, what is the next step of action that he/she suggested? If no, he has to see it.

If the st-t abnormality has a cause behind it like ischemia, then treating the ischemia would take care of the ecg findings but if this was just something non-specific, i don't think that there are any medications to correct this.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 niceone - Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:18 am

Dear Dr.,
Thanks for your reply Doctor. I did my master health check up and consequently i took ECHO test at a hospital http://www.apollohospitals.com at Chennai(India), which is one of the leading hospital here. They clearly said i don't have any problem in heart.
Second time i took ECG at a small lab, after that i consult my General Physian. He explained the ECG to me. Out of 6 V curves i have only problem in V4, in that one small curve inclined down. Considering my previos history nothing to worry about this. It made me relax.
I thought we can bring to ST & T curves to normal one. It seems not possible.
I must appreciate you for the time you spending for people questions and your humanaterian service. Thank you very much.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here