News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Summer cough

Denise967 - Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:07 am

Hi, my name is Tonya.
I have a very bad dry cough. I had the same cough last summer and it seemed to come back this summer. I don't cough all day long though. I seem to cough alot when i'm hungry, or after I eat. THe coughing sometimes leads to me spitting up. Not in a major way but when the coughing gets deep I feel like I have to spit up. I don't know what is wrong. My throat also is a little sore behind the coughing
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:56 pm

User avatar Tonya, if your doctor has ruled out anything to do with lung function or allergies, you may be suffering from GERD (reflux disease). In some cases the acid can irritate the throat and cause coughing. If this is the case it can be treated. See your doctor, as leaving it untreated can lead to erosion of the stomach and espophageal lining, and ulcer disease.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here