Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Lump in center of a 16 year old boys chest

=Will= - Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:05 pm

Hey, Ive noticed about 4 months ago that a lump or bone was visible in the center of my chest, it kinda sticks out. Ive picked up body building about 4 months due to this and I was wondering if that might of had an effect on it in anyway. It doesen't hurt when I touch and it and it feels solid like a bone, well anyway if anyone knows anything about this it would be greatly apreciated, im only 16 and Im kinda getting worried cause it doesen't look normal.

-Will-
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:52 pm

User avatar Dear Will,

It is very difficult to tell by the anatomical location and few symptoms what it could be, especially if the associated symptoms are not indicative for any possible diagnosis.

In any case clinical examination is very essential for differential diagnosis of any palpable mass especially that it is of recent onset.

Complete history, physical examination can provide
an idea if investigations are needed.

I advise you to Take an appointment with your doctor for proper examination.

|