News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Chest and clavicle pain-hospital stay with no answers

happyduck - Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:16 pm

I am a 19 year old female, and about a month and a half ago I was hospitalized for 3 days due to sever abdominal pain, high fever, and a high WBC count. They did numerous tests and could not find out the source of the problem. I finally decided to go home without an answer. The abdominal pain has not gone away, but has diminished. Then, about 3 weeks ago I went to the ER because of severe rib pain. They thought I had blood clots in the lung and did a CT scan, and after finding nothing abnormal, diagnosed me with costochondritis. The doctor said to take high doses of Ibuprofen for a week and that the pain would go away. The pain has not gone away but has moved up into my clavicle and upper chest. The pain worsens when I breathe and move. It has gotten to the point where it is getting hard to breathe because the pain is so severe. I have a cough every now and then that's deep and vibrates my whole chest, but I only cough every now and then, usually when I'm laying down. I almost don't want to go back to the hospital because they have no idea what is wrong with me. What should I do? Thank you!
 chuck - Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:27 am

That sounds just like what happened to me, only I had a dull ache in the base of my back, so I don't know if you could call that abdominal pain.....

My pain comes and goes, but sounds identical to yours. I too don't want to go back to the hospital as I know they won't find anything.....

No idea what to do. I've posted my story a little higher up in this section

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here