Question: Left side rib pain...

Xenite - Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:11 pm

For the last week and a half I have been having a constant nagging pain in my ribcage on the left side, slightly infront of my left arm and a few inches below my left breast area.

The pain tends to be constant, but will come and go sometimes. The pain isnt severe but nagging and bothersome. Breathing deep dosnt increase the pain, or change it. Althought tilting my head all the way forward towards my chest does make it worse.

I am a big guy (6' 4" and about 270) and tend to sleep on my sides. Any idea's as to what could of caused this, Or if sleeping on my side could of caused a problem with being a bigger guy.

Thanks,
Tony
 MousePotato - Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:29 pm

See your doc and see if its the onset of Shingles. A round of cortisone will take care of the pain. (The pain is present for a few days to a few weeks before rash appears.)

|