News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: PAINFUL CHEST PAIN

mars66 - Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:00 pm

I am 24 years old, female, i have had chest pain constanly for the last 4 weeks. I have pain just down from the collar bone to my middle of the chest. Lately the pain is in the middle of my chest on the left side and its like a stabbing pain. The area from the collar bone down to the middle of my chest is sore when touched. Also there is pain under my arms at the front. It feels like my chest is so tight all the time. I also have shoulder pain and one doctor I have seen says it is pain from my shoulders radiating to the front but i don't see how muscle pain lasts 4 weeks.
I have had a ECG scan and chest xray about 3 weeks ago and the doctor said it was fine. Another doctor i have seen says i have reflux disease so have been on tablets for the last 7 days and thats was because I drink alot of orange juice but have stopped drinking it and im still not better.
Also I do notice sometimes my heart beat a couple of times which the doctor said is normal.
could you please help me with a explaination cause i have seen 6 doctors now and they are all mainly saying its muscle pain but its really worrying me.
 spongebobkids - Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:28 am

Want to shock you Dr ask if it could be pleurisy
 amojade - Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:02 pm

You might be better by now but if not I'd ask your dr if it could be costochondritis. I just recently had pneumonia and got it after the infection. It's stabbing chest pains that can radiate into your arms and things like that. I'm a 22 year old female and so we are similar in age also. It also is usually diagnosed by your dr. pressing on your sternum and the cartilage around it, if you feel pain when they press on it then that's probably what it is. Good luck to you!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here