"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

mars66 - Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:00 pm

I am 24 years old, female, i have had chest pain constanly for the last 4 weeks. I have pain just down from the collar bone to my middle of the chest. Lately the pain is in the middle of my chest on the left side and its like a stabbing pain. The area from the collar bone down to the middle of my chest is sore when touched. Also there is pain under my arms at the front. It feels like my chest is so tight all the time. I also have shoulder pain and one doctor I have seen says it is pain from my shoulders radiating to the front but i don't see how muscle pain lasts 4 weeks.
I have had a ECG scan and chest xray about 3 weeks ago and the doctor said it was fine. Another doctor i have seen says i have reflux disease so have been on tablets for the last 7 days and thats was because I drink alot of orange juice but have stopped drinking it and im still not better.
Also I do notice sometimes my heart beat a couple of times which the doctor said is normal.
could you please help me with a explaination cause i have seen 6 doctors now and they are all mainly saying its muscle pain but its really worrying me.
 spongebobkids - Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:28 am

Want to shock you Dr ask if it could be pleurisy
 amojade - Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:02 pm

You might be better by now but if not I'd ask your dr if it could be costochondritis. I just recently had pneumonia and got it after the infection. It's stabbing chest pains that can radiate into your arms and things like that. I'm a 22 year old female and so we are similar in age also. It also is usually diagnosed by your dr. pressing on your sternum and the cartilage around it, if you feel pain when they press on it then that's probably what it is. Good luck to you!