Question: pain in chest and back

Jennifer16628 - Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:58 pm

I have been experiencing sharp pains on the left side toward the middle of my chest. This began about 3 weeks ago on the right side and then moved to the left. The sharp pains have subsided to more of an ache over the past 3-4 days with only intermittent sharp pains. There has also developed a continual pain between my shoulder blades that is not subsiding even with Advil. The pains in the chest occur when active and when resting although they are better when lying down. The pain in the back is 24 hours a day. I have a history of MRSA skin infections and have no idea if this has anything to do with this. I have been on several different medications over the past 2 years due to the MRSA infections (Bactrim DS, clindimycin, vicoden, doxycyclene, etc) although I have not been on any for a couple of months. Any advice would be appreciated.
 spongebobkids - Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:09 pm

Does it hurt when you hold your breath. Have you had a cold or anything recently.
 Jennifer16628 - Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:17 am

Thank you for responding so quickly. The ache in the back is still there when I hold my breath but nothing sharp in the chest or back. I did have a slight cold weeks ago...it was very short and not the regular eyes nose throat thing...now that I really think about it I thought it was strange at the time also...like I would get Bronchitis or it was an allergy or something because there was a bit of a cough. (I don't normally get colds or bronchitis nor do I have a history of allergies so I don't know why I think I can assume any of that accurately :) ). It went away so I didn't think anything of it. Some general information....I am a 30 year old mother of two small children, I quit smoking in 1999, and aside from the MRSA infections I have battled over the past couple of years I have no other diagnosed health problems. Thank you for any thoughts you may have.
 BrooklynBoy - Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:46 pm

I have been experiencing Chest pain on the right side that runs down my right side around to my back. Hurts when I breathe in and out, also hurts just sitting there. I havent had a cold or any other virus lately, last time I got this pain I experienced Flu like symptoms which was about 2 weeks ago. Got the same pain yesterday in a matter of 10 minutes, got real bad, had the chills but no fever. Can you help me out, any ideas. Thanks

|