Question: Chest pain this week after ovarian cyst rupture last week

pilotgirl - Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:10 pm

I had, as stated in the topic title, an ovarian cyst burst last week and had the extreme pain that went with it (low blood pressure resulted along with tachycardia and syncope) and went to the ER where I underwent CT scans and blood tests. I developed an infection two days later as I was not prescribed an antibiotic at the outset. I was then put on 400mg avalox and had been on Vicodin and Naprosyn. I am still on avalox but last night developed pain on the right side of my chest and around to the back side of my right shoulder blade. I again went to the ER and again experienced syncope and tachycardia. They did blood tests and chest x-rays to test for a pulmonary embolism but both came back negative. (I have since read that you can get false negative reports on the blood tests and that it does not always show up on early chest x-rays). I was diagnosed with costalchondritis (?) and/or pleurisy. My questions are 1) can my original ovarian cyst rupture be considered a trauma bad enough to cause a PE and 2) if I am on antibiotics, is it reasonable to believe that I could develop a bacterial infection such as pleurisy? (BTW, I have now received two more antibiotic presriptions to fight the pleurisy) Sorry to be so long winded but any answers I could recieve would be most helpful. Thanks for your time.
 pilotgirl - Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:13 pm

I should have mentioned that both times I had ekg's come back normal.

|