Question: Lung sounds

medix - Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:43 pm

1 Year ago I failed a medical for a job as the examining Dr. said he detected congestion in my lungs with a stethoscope. My G.P. said he could hear nothing but sent me for a chest x-ray which came back clear. He insisted that he could still hear nothing and I returned for re-examination to the company Dr.

On visiting the company Dr. again, he was adamant that there were clear sounds of basal congestion particularly in the left lung. I was refused employment until my G.P. had given me a clean bill of health which he did.

As I was asymptomatic at that time I accepted this.

However since that time I find I get breathless more rapidly than before, when exercising. Also upon awakening in the morning I can actually hear a faint crackle as I inhale. This ceases when I become ambulant. My G.P. still insists that he can hear nothing. 2 weeks ago I happened to hear that there was a locum working at the surgery and asked to see him. He too said that there was clear evidence of basal consolidation but was reluctant to overrule my Dr. who still insists there is nothing untoward.

What do you advise I should do??? What redress do I have on the British national health???
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:22 am

User avatar Hi!

Do you get to change your GP in UK? If so, you may switch to a new GP. I think further workup would be needed if what the majority of medics made out in you turns out to be true.

Warm regards,

Bill

|