News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: HELP! NO DOCTOR CAN FIND MY PROBLEM!

aaf6987 - Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:54 pm

I am an 18 year old female, with no past history of any chest diseases or problems. I have had acid relfux for the past 4 years. I also have social anxiety. I do not have any family history of any chest conditions. I mostly notice my symptoms are worse at night. Here is what's wrong:
~ I have a soreness above my left breast, which goes into my underarm area
~Sometimes my left arm feels tingle-y
~i developed a mass of something (lump?) in my left-hand palm (under my thumb on the thenar muscle area).

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME!
PLEASE HELP

any suggestions?
i've been to 2 doctors (had an ultrasound and x-ray of my left chest/breast area, both came out negative)
My medications include: Zyrtec-D, Zoloft, and Prevacid.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:57 am

User avatar Dear Aaf6987,

A Neurologist may be able to help you, it might be nerve pain.
I would recommend a full blood work-up and cardiac profile done for sure! Also check to make sure all your medications (including over-the-counter, diet, allergy, vitamins) work together well, you can ask a pharmacist.

If all else fails and you are noticing the pain and tingling after you lay down to go to sleep, when the room is quiet and there is nothing to bother you, it may be a type of stressful or anxious pain. You may want to think about talking to a Physcologist to see if you can do some type of mind exercises before you retire and if they have any ideas for you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here