Question: HELP! NO DOCTOR CAN FIND MY PROBLEM!

aaf6987 - Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:54 pm

I am an 18 year old female, with no past history of any chest diseases or problems. I have had acid relfux for the past 4 years. I also have social anxiety. I do not have any family history of any chest conditions. I mostly notice my symptoms are worse at night. Here is what's wrong:
~ I have a soreness above my left breast, which goes into my underarm area
~Sometimes my left arm feels tingle-y
~i developed a mass of something (lump?) in my left-hand palm (under my thumb on the thenar muscle area).

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME!
PLEASE HELP

any suggestions?
i've been to 2 doctors (had an ultrasound and x-ray of my left chest/breast area, both came out negative)
My medications include: Zyrtec-D, Zoloft, and Prevacid.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:57 am

User avatar Dear Aaf6987,

A Neurologist may be able to help you, it might be nerve pain.
I would recommend a full blood work-up and cardiac profile done for sure! Also check to make sure all your medications (including over-the-counter, diet, allergy, vitamins) work together well, you can ask a pharmacist.

If all else fails and you are noticing the pain and tingling after you lay down to go to sleep, when the room is quiet and there is nothing to bother you, it may be a type of stressful or anxious pain. You may want to think about talking to a Physcologist to see if you can do some type of mind exercises before you retire and if they have any ideas for you.

|