News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: what's wrong with me???

help426 - Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:32 pm

I am a 32 year old female, in the past 10 years I have been told that I have COPD, chronic fatigue, high blood pressure, along with liver problems.
I have frequent severe headaches, skin rashes, constant low grade fever, muscle pain and weakness, chest pains, I bruise easlily, constant sinus problems, sore throat, along with other symptoms.
My doctor thought it might be Lupus, but my ANA just came back and it was negative. My sed rate, CR3, CR4 was elevated.
Any suggestions? I feel like I am getting a lot worse.
 Dr. Russell M - Wed May 05, 2004 10:44 am

User avatar Hi!

Do you have a North European origin? Has anyone had cystic fibrosis in your family? Have you ever had a chest X-ray taken, and if so, anything out of the ordinary in it?

bill
 help426 - Wed May 05, 2004 10:51 pm

Thank you for replying to my message. I do not know anything on my father's side of the family, I don't who he is.
I had my blood test sent to me and I am now more confused then ever.
My SED is high so is my C3, NEUTS, ABS NEUTS(?), WBC, and my Potassium is low. Should I be concerned? :roll:
 Dr. Russell M - Thu May 06, 2004 6:11 am

User avatar Hi!

Is your doctor concerned about your workup? Can you answer my previous questions?

Bill
 help426 - Thu May 06, 2004 12:01 pm

I had a chest xray about 5 years ago, that is when he told me that I have COPD.
As far as my doctor being concerned he just told me to come back in six weeks. He thinks it might be rheumatoid arthritis.
 Dr. Russell M - Thu May 06, 2004 9:56 pm

User avatar Hi!

Has your rheumatoid factor been checked in blood? Is there a history of the disease called 'cystic fibrosis' in your family?

bill
 help426 - Fri May 07, 2004 2:20 am

The RF came back neg. On my mother's side no, on my father's side I don't know.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri May 07, 2004 12:16 pm

User avatar Hi!

Why don't you discuss regarding cystic fibrosis with your doctor? There can be RF negative rheumatoid arthritis. Even so...

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here