Question: 26 with unexplained chest pains

traceechelle - Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:04 pm

My husband is 26 years old. He has constant unexplained chest pains. He has no family history of heart problems or other related things. His maternal grandmother did have lung cancer. He does smoke but he is as active as possible with the chest pains. He works in construction during the winter months and has to be extremly active and do very physical work. He seems to have no increase in symptoms when he works. He has had these pains for about 6-7 years and no doctor has been able to tell him why. He has the chest pains, lightheaded, and diarehha. These are the only symptoms, I guess they are symptoms. He has had chest xrays, blood work, endoscopy, and EKG's. The xrays and EKG's came back fine. The blood work indicated that he had a bacteria in his stomach that would prevent damage from acid reflux from healing up, his dr prescribed the prev pack with antibiotics, some type of antacid and an inhaler. He just got done doing that 2 week treatment but has had no relief. The endoscopy showed a small amount of damage from acid reflux and that dr gave him nexium and told him it is all in his head. We are very unsatisfied with these answers. Is it possible that this bacteria is causing this pain? Does an EKG show if he would have Mitral valve prolapse? What else could this be? In the past three years he had started taking pain pills, that I was unaware of. He came clean to me about 2 months ago and has now stopped taking them after time in rehab. He really feels that he has pain, how could this be all in his head?? Constant, persisting chest pain that puts a otherwise healthy 26 year old young man laid out on the couch the majority of the time because he is in so much pain, how can that be possible?? We are fighting with getting the dr's to figure out what the cause is and also fighting the addiction and him wanting to return to the pills because he is getting no relief. Could you please help us?? Any advise would be appreciated. He was on meds for the diarehha, ultram to ween him from the addiction, and some sleeping meds to help him sleep because of the pain. He has now stopped taking all and really won't take the nexium because he says that his pain is not acid reflux, he said he knows what that feels like and he doesn't have it anymore. He had taken nexium a couple years ago for awhile and ever since then he said he hasn't felt the reflux pain. Could the little bit of damage from the reflux be causing all this pain?? What will heal that up?
 angerphist - Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:55 am

i have been having "Stomach pain" for a few years now (i am 25) I went to the Dr and he said 99% chance its acid reflux disease, so...He put me on Prilosec, no relief. I went back yesterday and he took blood for hepatitis tests. My last blood test showed elevated liver enzymes...hmmm i dunno im ready to give up

|