Question: Chest pain....please HELP!!

sumarski_fakultet - Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:20 pm

Hello....
OK here is my problem, 1st of all i am male age 27 and i have this pain in my chest area for already 2 years at least. Now fact is that i don't feel the pain normally i feel it when i press chest area..ribs....so it bend and if i bend of one side left of right, and that pain is big and always there its more like burn then pain kinda hard to explain.
I feel also like little bubble at the end of my pair of ribs right in the middle of my chest
I feel like ribs are not at their place
WHAT IS GOING ON ITS FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS NOW I AM GETTING WORRIED ,,,,BTW I DIDNT VISIT DOCTOR please HELP TY
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:25 pm

User avatar Dear sumarski_fakultet,
Overexertion of the chest wall muscles or their inflammation are common causes for chest pain. This usually occurs after attacks of asthma, shortness of breath, chest infections and cough, when the respiratory and chest wall muscles are overworked and in spasm or strain. Pain due to rib or chest wall bone disease is also another cause of chest pain. They all are associated with tenderness over the affected areas. In all of these conditions the chest pain is usually aggravated by taking deep breath, cough or while doing certain movements like bending to one side of the chest. The symptoms you described are more likely to be caused by a myoskeletal problem that mandate complete history taking and thorough physical examination. So I advise you to take an appointment with your doctor for proper management.

|