News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Morning Chest Pains

Binarymolecule - Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:02 pm

Hello, I am 22 yrs old / male and I have had chest pains before but they usually go away with in a day or so (usually from sleeping wrong and pulling a muscle). However recently (past week or so) every morning my back/ right side of my chest has been hurting it soon goes away after I take a shower. On my mothers side heart attacks run in the family however the left side of my chest is fine. I was wondering if you might know if it is just a pulled muscle again (and since I am getting older it just takes a bit longer to get better) or if I should seriously considering visiting a doctor.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:37 pm

User avatar Dear Binarymolecule,

First of all I would like to calm you down and to say that it is very unlikely for this type of pain to be of heart origin. Angina pain is usually felt as Crushing pain in the middle of your chest, squeezing pain in the chest or left upper arm that is associated with sweating or shortness of breath

Is this pain associated with any tenderness, in another meaning does it hurt you when you press on he place where you experience this pain or any area around? Is it increases when you are exposed to cold air? Is it associated with certain movements? If it is associated with any of these signs, it is probably a myoskeletal pain. Overexertion of the chest wall muscles or their inflammation are common causes for chest pain.
You have mentioned that you get the pain after you sleep in a wrong position or muscle abuse, this means that muscle spasm is more likely to be the cause of your symptoms.
If your symptoms are clearly associated with muscle overuse or wrong use(spasm) , then you just need to be more careful to maintain right postures and to do exercise to strength them. If the symptoms didn’t improve after you have been very conservative or they are getting worse, then better be checked quickly by your consultant.
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here