News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Diagnosis?

morgange - Fri May 21, 2004 10:05 am

I would like an opinion before heading to a doctor

I have had four days of a tight/ heavy chest in which I have had moderate to diicult breathing that is somewhat labored. I have had pain between my shouldblades, pain that radiated up to my ears, empty stomach feeling and occassionally I feel lightheaded and dizzy. I feel wiped out for the most part.

I'm a female, 25 years of age, have been getting 5-6 hours of sleep on average
drink once a month, non-smoker

Any diagnosis, reccomendations would be appreciated
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri May 21, 2004 4:58 pm

User avatar Does the pain or tightness you describe happen to be related to effort? Or does it happen while you are resting as well?
 morgange - Mon May 24, 2004 7:21 am

Pain is not related to effort, it occurs when I am resting as well
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon May 24, 2004 10:45 am

User avatar Well as in any case of chest pain: a cause in the heart should always be excluded by examination. It is more likely that your pain is not related to the heart especially if you do not have any risk factors. Please review the risk factors in this article:

Risk factors for ischemic heart disease

After excluding heart disease your doctor will want to exclude other causes of chest pain in order to reach a diagnosis.

For a full list of causes of chest pain and a brief diagnostic algorithm please click below:

pain/chest.htm" class="postlink">Diagnosis of chest pain

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here