News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: chest pain right side after 3 weeks of bad chest cold

arttdc - Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:10 am

I am a 32 year old woman who has recently recovered fro an extreme chest cold with acute sinutitis. I am finally feeling better but have developed chest pain on right side at top of my rib cage. It hurts when I breathe or touch the area. I am coughing up a greenish thick mucous which is extermely painful when I do cough. Should I see a doctor for a chest xray?
 budrick - Wed May 10, 2006 5:22 pm

arttdc wrote: It hurts when I breathe or touch the area. I am coughing up a greenish thick mucous which is extermely painful when I do cough. Should I see a doctor for a chest xray?

i had something similar but repeated doses of it ,, pneumonia ,, and you can develop it after a prolonged bout of a chest infection ,, the fact that you are bring up thick green mucus means that your chest infection has not cleared up ,it's still there plus you could have plurisy (the pain you have) as well ( i had that too ), definitly go and see a doctor ,, you don't want it to become pneumonia ,trust me on that (after 3 doses of pneumonia and several serious chest infections i know ),it's not pretty ,, hope you get better quickly ,, good luck

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here