Question: Lung irritation When Talking

cufflink13 - Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Has anyone ever experienced lung/chest pain (burning, tightnes) that seems to be aggrivated by talking? This usually only occurs to me in the eve. What happens is that during the course of a conversation, my left lung primarily gets a burning sensation, so much so that I need to stop talking. Heavy breathing does not seem to bother it and this usually is not felt on the right. I do have mild asthma and it also seems that my lungs are a bit tight so maybe it's related to that. When this happens it also bothers the left side of my abdomen/stomach so I don't know if it's actually the lungs, stomac or both involved. My doctor seems to think it's either pleursy or maybe reflux. I'v been on prilosec for two months and still this happens. Maybe it's anxiety related?

Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:03 am

User avatar Hi cufflink13,
It may be a combination of both gastric reflux and bronchial irritation. Have you notified your physician about the prilosec being ineffective? If not I would suggest that you do so. One of the causes of noncardiac chest discomfort does include anxiety.

|