News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Chronic cough/chest pain

Heaven - Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:00 pm

female
Smoker

Have had a chronic cough for about a month now. Sometimes I will cough up phlegm for days, then for days it is a dry cough. When I go to bed, my chest always feels very tight and tingly, but I do not have this feelign during the day. The cough keeps me up at night. My throat also hurts constantly. It feels like my throat is raw. I generally feel like crap, but I do not have a fever, it seems that I am always cold lately.

Is this just smoking related? Or something else?

Shoudl I also note that lately, I have been stuttering a lot, forgetting words, and mixing up words. Doesn't sound related at all, but I thought since that since this was a rather odd thing to be happening, I would put it out there as well.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:07 am

User avatar Hi Heaven,
Smoking of course is an irritant that may cause symptoms in which you describe, ( chronic cough, sore throat). However, any persistent symptoms should certainly be evaluated by a physician. As for your new onset stuttering, or mixing up words, for example, decreases in blood flow to the brain by route of the carotid arteries situated on each side of the neck, is something to also be considered. Be sure to mention the "mixing up words", etc. to your physician as well. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here