News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Right chest pain radiates to back

dlr5885 - Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:01 pm

I am a 43 year old female. I was diagnosied with an enlarged bile duct 5 years ago. Otherwise I am healthy. I do smoke and I am a social drinker.
About 2 weeks ago I started getting a pain on the right side of my chest just under my right breast. Along with this pain I've had a cough, nausea, pain radiading to my back, fever and overall feeling of fatigue. I'm starting to become concerned but don't know if I'm overreacting. Please ket me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:53 pm

User avatar Hello,

This could be due to gall bladder or biliary tract problem.

Gall Bladder or Biliary disease cause pain that is felt as
••Severe pain that is felt mainly in the right upper quadrant or in the upper middle of the abdomen ,occur mainly after meals (fatty), the pain may worsen after deep breath and radiates to the back or below the right shoulder.
Associated with:
Nausea and vomiting
Heartburn
Chest pain under the breastbone
Fullness or gas

If there is fever, infection in the biliary tract should be excluded as it needs immediate medical treatment including systemic antibiotics.

I advise you to contact your doctor as soon as possible for proper management.

Keep us updated.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here