Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: lrg blood cloats,almost black sputem, bronchiectasis

Ladyhawk - Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi, I'm a 44 year old female, bronchiectasis,fibromyalgia I'm the only one in my family to have bronchiectasis, I also have asthma,and get pneumoniae, at least 8 times a year or more, and many chest infection's, I was told I had bronchiectasis about 2002,after going into respitory failure from the fumes at a nextel nascar race, I'm useing a nebulizer machien 4 times a day,Ive had to stop takeing the singaler,because the side effects are so bad, I'm on compuvent,and flovent puffer's but I can't use them, beause I can't get it into my lungs ,I start to choake,and cough to the point of getting sick to my stomak,all that coughing give's me migraines,alot more,and I've been haveing blood cloats the size of golf balls, sometimes bigger,,sometime's 3 times a day or more, every few days,I cough so much I'm breaking ribs all the time,and I have sputem come up when I'm able to get it up thats so dark it's almost black at time's, everytime I take a breath I have to fight for air,and my chest hurts through to my back and hurts so much all the time I almost pass out,and have passed out, and it feels like acid is being poured down my thorat and lungs when I breath, my stomacks extremly upset all the time because of all the white foamy puss ozzing out of my lungs,I can hardly drink or eat anything beause of this,my toe nails and finger nails are blue,anf infeted most of the time, i'M SO exsausted I can't do anything and my heart rate gose really high, anywhere form 135 to over 200, thats if I get streed in any way,good or bad,or if I just get up, or try to do anything, and my blood presure gets really high then really low,my heart rate and blood presure are normaly a bit low, it dosen't help when my husband and 26y/o daughter smoke at the door think that the smoke dosen't get to me, they've been told not to smoke around me, plus I an't breath with even the smallest amount of smoke or any kind of fumes, on Dec, 15 2006 I came close to full respitory failure, they sent me home even though I couldn't catch my breath,and alarms from low oxogent leve's, very high heart rate,and blood presure going up and down so fast I could barely stop myself from passing out, I don't have a docture,and in a town of 7800, 4600 of us don't have a doctour, and I can't get them to send me to anyone for help ,because they won't keep seeing me, and I'm alerject to almost every antibiotic out there,amoung many other alergies, to asa,and ntinflamitory meds, how conserend should I be with thiings gooing down hill so fast , and I also have osteoarthritis ,Degenerative bone disease ,Osteoporosis,the worst is in my neck where the vertibria are crubbling, and in between my shoulder blades, Anemia, anything you could tell me I'd be greatfull for, I hate to admitt it but I'm getting very scared,because it's just keeps getting worse really fast, and my conditon it just detiroriates so muh faster with each day and week,
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:27 pm

User avatar While there are some people that can "be OK" without a doctor, it appears that you are most certainly not one of them.

I would strongly recommend that you get established with a doctor who can help manage your symptoms and illnesses. Not to scare you, but I would be quite concerned that without proper medical care you may continue to get worse quickly. Your illnesses are very severe.

There are some new treatments available that may dramatically help you. You need to discuss these with your doctor. Also, I would strongly recommend seeing a pulmonary specialist.

If you can convince your family that smoking truly does endanger your life you may have luck getting them to stop. Smoking is a difficult habit to quit; however, smoke exposure for you may be devastating.

Best wishes. I hope you are able to start feeling better soon.
 Ladyhawk - Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:48 am

Thank you Dr.Chan Lowe, for your help, your right, I have become much ,much worse, I've been told I need a double transplant, but since no Doctour will take me on for before and aftr care, or send me down t see the pulmonary specialist's that I've seen before, and told me I needed to be put on the transplant list, and I have tried very hard to get a doctour to help me, and they won't because they have to many people to care for, but I'm greatfull to you for takeing the time to try to answer me, as best you could , I'm starting to look like a smurf . with things turning blue all the time, I'm just so tired,
thank you so vary much
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:48 am

User avatar I am sorry to hear of your situation. My only suggestion is to continue to follow up with your doctor and request a referral to a pulmonary specialist.

Best wishes and please feel free to post again if we can be of any help with answers.
 Ladyhawk - Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:26 am

thank you,thats my problem . I do not t have a doctour, and can not get one, and I have tried to get the Doctour's at the emergency to send me to a lung specialst, even though when they are monitoring my oxagen leve's and heart rate and blood presure , the alarms are going off none stop , and around my mouth , finger's and toes are blue all the time ,and my heart rate is getting up to 200, or more four times a day, I feel like I'm going to pass out every time I move . they will not send me to see u]lung specialst[/u] , do you have any sujestion's on how to get in to see someone, because they have given me pertty much a death sentance yet the doctour's will not send me to anyone for help, I'm am terrified I do not know what eles to do, so any idea's at all I would be every greatfull for Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:25 pm

User avatar I wish I could be of help; however, I am not familiar with the Canadian medical system. Persistence is key.

|