Question: What do I do after my heart heart attack

serenity22 - Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:13 pm

[bHi,

I live in a rural area where there is no advanced health treatment and I am not feeling well enough to drive hundreds of miles to go see a dcotr.

I had a crushing feeling in my chest and my heart has hurt really badly since that time., I have a pressure feeling there all of the tiime. I started taking fish oil and aspirin and am starting to feel a little bit better but I am still having the pressure in my chest. I'm going to try chelation therapy next.

I'm trying to get alot of rest, keep myself calm and eat a high fiber diet. I have recently purchased a book 100 Ways to Reverse Heart Disease. Is there anything else I can do?
Thank you in advance for responding[/b]
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:09 am

User avatar Hi serenity22,
Were you diagnosed with a heart attack? Generally speaking, after a heart attack, a change in diet to a healthy lowfat diet is recommended. Depending on the causative factor of the heart attack, possibly resuming an exercise/activity program/walking may be recommended after the routine follow up is completed by a Cardiologist. I would strongly suggest that you have an evaluation by a healthcare professional.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 pm

User avatar Hi Serenity22 - I would just like to second the advice of Ms. Jones and urge to you find some way to get to a medical facility for at least a primary cardiac workup. If you have, in fact, suffered a heart attack you will need some sort of regimen and medical follow up.

It's entirely possible (unless you were actually diagnosed by an MD as having had a heart attack) that you have something else more benign going on, in which case I know I would want to know that so that I could be sure I was taking the proper approach to caring for it (this could just as easily be something like gastric esophgeal reflux disease - GERD - or something related, and the therapy for that would be very different from what you might do following an actual heart attack).

I can understand your reluctance to travel such a great distance, but when the question is one of whether or not you have a life-threatening medical problem, I think it would be well worth the trouble to impose, if necessary, on a friend or relative or someone to help you get to at least a basic healthcare facility, where it can be determined whether or not you even require "advanced" care.

Good luck to you and please do stay in touch.

|