Question: 32 year old female with pain around chest also Bf

It'salwayssomething - Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:15 pm

Hi I am 32 years old mother of 4 and I am breast feeding. I have been having pain in the middle of my chest bone. It had been getting worse. It is not affected by my breathing. It does hurt when I twist or pull my arms back. My upper back has been hurting. Sometime the pain does move to the left and sometimes but not often the pain is on the right. I have been healthy up until 1 year ago. I had a miscarriage and the ultrasound showed I had a dermoid cyst. That was removed months ago. I had a hernated disk L4-L5 during pregancy. Emegency surgery to fix that since the dr, thought it was the baby on my siatic nerve. Diagnoised with Divticilois. 3 months ago. Two weeks ago when to dr. with stomach pain. Found out sludge around gall bladder. I Just don't know what to think. I want to go to the dr. but afraid he will think here we go again. Any advice. Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:54 pm

User avatar It may be that you have some muscular irritation although this would generally have pain with movement or pressure.

If your pain is worse with deep breaths it may be pleurisy, a condition where the lining of the lungs is inflamed.

A less likely possibility is an infection in the breast. The location is a bit unusual for this.

I would recommend you have this evaluated if it does not begin to improve soon. You can try some ibuprofen to see if this helps. Ibuprofen is safe during breast feeding for short durations.

|