News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Pneumonia

Question: Breathing trouble after pneumonia

Songbird - Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:34 pm

My daughter 33 had a mild case of pneumonia last November. Her last 2 chest X-rays were fine, but ever since the pneumonia she has had tightness in her chest with trouble getting a deep breath. This isn't all the time, it comes and goes. She has slight acid reflux but other than that all tests are normal. Could this still be post-pneumonia problems that will eventually go away? I wonder if she has stress induced asthma because she sometimes has this tightness when she tries to clean house or play with her children out side, also air-conditioning seems to bring it on. She has an inhaler and it sometimes helps a little. The only other med. she takes is Synthroid. Thanks for your suggestions.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu May 24, 2007 1:50 pm

User avatar It certainly sounds suspicious for asthma and/or allergy problems. I would follow up with an internal medicine or family practice doctor and explain the ongoing symptoms. There could be further testing or referral needed from there. The fact that her symptoms come and go lead me to think it is not lingering from the pneumonia episode.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here