Forum Name: Asthma

Question: Asthma and allergies

wanza639 - Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:24 am

Hi, I ate some seafood for lunch four days ago and after about 2 hors I started having itchiness and swelling all over my body. I went to see a physician and was prescribed piriton 3 times daily. I am also asthmatic and using ventolin inhalers. The itchyness still persists and now I am having minor attacks of asthma. Is it because of the piriton that I had taken? Do I continue taking piriton for my allergy?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:16 pm

User avatar Asthma and allergies are all in the same family of disorders known as atopic illnesses.

I would recommend you continue the allergy medication. You may need to begin using a controller medicine for your asthma if you are needing to use your ventolin frequently.

Follow up with your doctor is important to get good control of your asthma.

|