News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Strange chest pains, very scared

bellaluce - Wed May 02, 2007 7:40 am

Hi. I am a 31 year old female. I have two small boys. For the past 4 years after I had my first son, I have been experiencing strange chest pains. I have been to a cardiologist who only said I have mitral valve regurgitation but that it was trivial and I should not have any symptoms from it. I have had xrays, echos, even a stress test and everything came back fine. But these pains do not go away. I have stabbing sensations sometimes in the middle of my chest, but most times under my left breast. I have had them under my left armpit. I have dull aches running down my left arm at least twice a day everyday for the past 2 years. Everytime I go to the cardiologist he tells me that everything is fine. I don't understand that if everything is fine, then how can I keep having these pains. Sometimes I feel short of breath, sometimes I get dizzy but these symptoms have not happened all together. I worry alot because my father is 52 and he has suffered 3 heart attacks. I don't know what else to do...please help.
 Marceline F, RN - Wed May 02, 2007 9:44 am

User avatar Dear Bellaluce,
If you have had the opportunity to see a cardiologist, and more than once, I am guessing you have insurance. Unless your primary MD is a cardiologist (it happens), then I would be interested in knowing what other options your primary recommends for you. Assuming the cardio tests did indeed all return clear, then logic dictates that other areas be explored - such as gastric, pulmonary, and musculoskeletal. Each of these areas can have maladies that can cause the symptoms you indicate. These can range from simple GERDS (gastric esophageal reflux disease), to constochondritis (a sort of inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs), to muscle strains, or spinal misalignments, etc. Your insurance company generally prefers to dictate who to see, based on your primary MD recommendation. Have any of these areas been also explored?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here