News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: So it wasn't TB

niffer_marie - Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:48 pm

I am a 22 year old female and I was semi-diagnosed with TB. After the skin test came out negative and my smear showed no AFB, I was clear to go back to work. I still have a few weeks to find out if I have TB at all.

Is there anything else that has the same symptoms as TB? I have a fever, night sweats, I am easily fatigued, and have a cough that sometimes produces blood. My chest x-ray did come back abnormal. I have scarring on the upper parts of both of my lungs.
I don't smoke, but I did grow up with my mom who is a smoker. I'm not on any medications, but I do have anemia, if that means anything...

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:31 pm

User avatar I am confused. If your skin test was negative, and AFB testing negative, how were you "semi diagnosed with TB"? Most often the skin test is going to be positive but chest x-rays can also diagnose it so if they told you it was consistent with TB that sounds pretty clear. Yes, other conditions can also have similar symptoms (cancer, other lung conditions, lymphoma, pneumonia, etc.) so I'm sure your doctor is working on this.

Good luck and be sure to follow up with recommendations by your doctor to be sure you get the complete and necessary treatment. Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here