Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: breast cancer

balle - Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:24 pm

Hi, I am 18 years old , female. I have never had any past surgeries or diagnosis . My family history doesn't have any one with breast cancer and I am not taking any medications. I was researching online for breast cancer and found that inverted nipples may be a sign for it , right? You see when i take my bra off, my nipples protrude outwards but then after 20 - 30 seconds, they get inverted. Am I at risk? Oh and I examined my breasts for breast cancer with the help of an online tutorial and everything is fine except this. Thank you in advance for your precious time and attention.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:32 pm

User avatar It is possible to have inverted nipples that are not associated with any problem, except to sometimes make breastfeeding a challenge. (Note I said challenge; not impossible and many women are still able to feed their babies). The fact that both breasts are this way would lead me to believe this is the case for you - just normal variation. But, whenever in doubt it doesn't hurt to have it checked out (gynecologist, family practice, nurse practitioner or breast care clinic specialist). Peace of mind is worth a lot.

balle - Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:36 pm

thank you very much for your answer .

|