News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: Neddles poking chest feeling

chr1s24 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:59 pm

Im a 25 year old male, smoker. Recently had a Urinary Tract Infection in May. I have had it cleared out w/ antibiotics. Ever since I started having this infection, I have been having this weird feeling. I feel like needles and pins are poking my chest area, sometimes through out my body, mostly chest though. I have also had pain in my lower back and abdominal pain, with chills. I first thought it was related to the UTI. I have had two follow up appointments and the UTI is gone. The doctor finally did several blood tests, but hasn't got back to me, and he told me if he didn't call the next day to assume all was good. He also said my symptoms were vague, and to get a primary care provider which I don't have. Can anyone help me? I don't know what to do now? The symptoms are not unbearable but pretty weird.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:02 pm

User avatar Hi Chr1s24,

Pins and needles feelings are often related to nerve issues. You may have some compression of one of the nerves that supply sensation to the chest.

Seeing a primary care doctor is the best place to start.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here