Question: Morning Chest Pain

lih - Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:22 pm

I am a 57 year old female. For the past 2-3 weeks, I have experienced severe pain in the chest and left arm around 10-11 am each morning. The pain lasts for at least 30 minutes, and is relieved only by sitting or laying down. If I do not rest, the pain continues and becomes more severe. I have no history of heart disease or gastroenterologic problems. I presently take Allegra for allergies, Lipitor for cholesterol, Arthrotec for osteoarthritis, and Evista. I had hoped that the problem was temporary, but it does not seem to be improving. Does anyone have thoughts regarding the possible cause and resolution of this problem?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:32 am

User avatar Hi Lih,

There are several possible causes for chest pain. When you describe that the pain only goes away with rest and is involving the chest and arm I am concerned that you may be having some pain related to your heart.

I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.

|