News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Asthma

Question: Does anyone know a good portable nebulizer?

yellowwheel - Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:45 am

I'm looking for a portable nebulizer. I would like an all-in-1 design. I need one that runs on a battery and a car charger. There are so many, so hard to choose from. Some make particles 4 microns and some make them 1 micron in size.

I'm going to be washing it out in public bathroms... YUK. So I need something really easy to rinse out.

They have nebulizers that mist by a Vibrating Mesh, Ultra Sonic, and Piston Compressor. Can anyone give me help on what to buy? What is good and bad about any brands or products.

Thank you so much.
:)
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:59 pm

User avatar Hi Yellowwheel,

You may want to go to your local pharmacy that sells these nebulizers and ask to inspect them all. Often the pharmacist will allow you to take them out of the box to get a better look at them.

This way you can look for all the features you need. Regarding the specifics of the machine (ultrasonic, etc.) all the types generally work well enough for nebulized medicines.

I am not familiar enough with them to give you a specific brand recommendation.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here