News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Mold Problems?

Annillee - Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:01 am

Hi there!
I’m typically a healthy 22 year old female who just moved into a new apartment. However in the last few days out of nowhere after spending the night in the new place I wake up with a horrible sore throat, sweets, stuffy nose and congestion. When I leave the apartment, throughout the day at work, I start to feel better and all the symptoms disappear. But, when I get back home I’ll start to get a little sore throat, go to bed, wake up worse than the morning before! Then throughout the day get better…and that cycle has lasted all week -- now I’m full out just not “getting better” anymore. Currently, I’m having a hard time breathing, am congested all the time and (get nauseous in the apt). I’ve joking said “I’m allergic to my apartment” but now I really think there might be an allergen I am reacting to. I’ve talked to some friends who think this might be a mold problem (I haven’t seen any mold there) which in any case I thought I would get your guys thoughts.
I would appreciate any thoughts or what not.
Thanks!
-Annie
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:40 pm

User avatar You might try calling your local health department. Ask for their environmental health program and explain your concerns. They should be able to help you determine what might be going on.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here