News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: pains in chest after walking

pokerman - Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:08 pm

hi, i'm a male 43, smoker, drinker ( daily ) recreational drug user, (cannabis), and just lately even after a short walk, going upstairs, downstairs, i get a pain in the middle of my chest. ive no past history of any health problems really, probaly seen a doctor twice in 10 years, the pain is like '' hot ache '' if you know what i mean...quite sharp, and very short of breath, but after resting it soon passes...but this just started about 2 weeks ago, even walking short distances, the pain is sharper when i breathe in. I have also discovered a pea- like lump at the entrance of my anus, ive never suffered from piles etc so this is obviousily not right...any suggestions...many thanks in advance.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:11 pm

User avatar Hello pokerman,

The chest pain you describe does have some of the characters of cardiac pain. Your smoking history does put you at risk. The sharp quality of the pain is not characteristic of ischemic pain. However, this is a very subjective issue. The fact that your pain is accompanied by shortness of breath on exertion and is relieved by rest is enough to warrant a thorough examination of your heart.

Regarding your pea like lump that would require an examination as there are many causes. The commonest cause as you mentioned would be a thrombosed hemorrhoid, it could also be a skin tag, or a wart.

Please refrain from smoking and visit your doctor immediately.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here