News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: Sharp chest pain, back pain, panic attack?

lindzyb - Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:11 am

22, f, hypothyroidism, PCOS, just got over a kidney infection. No surgeries. On Synthroid right now.

I'm pretty sure I already know what this is, but I've been (for the past two days) being INCREDIBLY anxious with chest pain, shortness of breath, back pain between my shoulder blades. Been to the point of tears twice. I have always been a very 'nervous' anxious person, so is this a 'panic attack'? I've never had one before but I've been so stressed about my health recently that the past few days have been a cumulation of it all. Any answer would be appreciated :) Thanks for your help, and a much overdue thanks to the doctors & nurses who take time out to do this for people.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:19 am

User avatar Hi Lindzyb,

These symptoms certainly sound like they could be a panic attack. If, however, you've never had this happen before I would suggest you see your doctor for an evaluation to make sure everything is still OK. If it is panic attacks you can also discuss some treatments for anxiety to help prevent this from happening again.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here