News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: sharp breast pain

lucylou23 - Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:32 pm

hi
im 23 years old and recently i have been having sharp pains in my left breast. its not near my nipple area its on the side of my left bread nearer to my chest but its in my breast not my chest, when i move from lying down or when i move my breast and even in this one certain area of the breast to press lightly, it hurts also.... i have checked and have no lump its just very painful when the pain comes and only lasts seconds... has anyone had anything simular to this or do you think i should see my gp..
thanks very much

lucy.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:26 pm

User avatar Hi Lucy,

There are a few possibilities. You may have a pulled muscle that is causing your symptoms. Occasionally, one of the ducts of the breast can become infected causing the pain you are feeling as well. Usually, these infections cause a bit more constant pain, though.

If your symptoms continue over the next few days I would recommend you see your doctor to have this checked out. If it is an infection you may need some antibiotics to help clear it up. If there is still uncertainty as to the cause, imaging like an ultrasound may be helpful.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here