Question: question about my lungs

monkey_65775 - Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:23 pm

I have had 3 catscan in the past nine months, the Dr's here tell me that I have a total of four nodules on my lungs (two each side). they say that they are 3.0mm in diameter in my lower lobes. and that is all they well tell me, except that I need to have another scan in 6 mo's. My question is, Should I be concerned, or not? Knowing that I just lost my father to terminal cancer.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:58 am

User avatar Dear Monkey_65775,

Lung nodules can be benign or malignant.

Malignant nodules usually have certain appearances on the ct scan and should be easily recognized by the radiologists.

The benign nodules or the nodules thought not to be malignant have to be followed upo by ct scans or chest x-rays and the rate of growth watched carefully. If the nodules are not getting bigger, sometimes it is safe to go from every six month to each year and see how it goes.

All nodules have to be looked at in the setting of the clinical context.

What initiated the ct scan to be done though?

delcy - Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:04 pm

Ive had a pain in my upper lung that hurts sometimes when i move my harm but it hurts when i breath in. Its so high , by my collar bone but deep . Ive had this since december last year, ive had a chest xray but nothing showed up. I do smoke unfortunetaly. I quit often though but not often enough. Everybody including the doctor says its just a muscle but it doesn't feel like a muscle its so deep and sometimes i will get a kink between my right shoulder blade but that usually goes away. I'm a little worried about this and im still gonna keep trying to quit smoking. Its not a pain that needs pain medication but its just an annoying pain that is always there. Can this really be a muscle after a year?
Thanks, delcy

|