News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Chest Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Chest Answers List

Forum Name: Chest symptoms

Question: question about my lungs

monkey_65775 - Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:23 pm

I have had 3 catscan in the past nine months, the Dr's here tell me that I have a total of four nodules on my lungs (two each side). they say that they are 3.0mm in diameter in my lower lobes. and that is all they well tell me, except that I need to have another scan in 6 mo's. My question is, Should I be concerned, or not? Knowing that I just lost my father to terminal cancer.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:58 am

User avatar Dear Monkey_65775,

Lung nodules can be benign or malignant.

Malignant nodules usually have certain appearances on the ct scan and should be easily recognized by the radiologists.

The benign nodules or the nodules thought not to be malignant have to be followed upo by ct scans or chest x-rays and the rate of growth watched carefully. If the nodules are not getting bigger, sometimes it is safe to go from every six month to each year and see how it goes.

All nodules have to be looked at in the setting of the clinical context.

What initiated the ct scan to be done though?

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 delcy - Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:04 pm

Ive had a pain in my upper lung that hurts sometimes when i move my harm but it hurts when i breath in. Its so high , by my collar bone but deep . Ive had this since december last year, ive had a chest xray but nothing showed up. I do smoke unfortunetaly. I quit often though but not often enough. Everybody including the doctor says its just a muscle but it doesn't feel like a muscle its so deep and sometimes i will get a kink between my right shoulder blade but that usually goes away. I'm a little worried about this and im still gonna keep trying to quit smoking. Its not a pain that needs pain medication but its just an annoying pain that is always there. Can this really be a muscle after a year?
Thanks, delcy

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here