Question: CHEST PAINS THAT WON'T GO AWAY

TICKETMAN - Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:11 am

Hi

I've always had chest pains on and off. I was diagnosed with a very small murmur as a child. I was told on a scale of 1-10 its not even 1 maybe 2/5. Last year I had an echo and ekg and everything came back fine.
The chest pains im experiencing began on Saturday 2/9/2008. The weird sensation lasts all day I would say. I do smoke (did I quit tonight) so by the time night time rolls around if i put any pressure over the heart, there's pain.
I really don't want to go spending thousands at the ER in case this is a false alarm. I also should say I probably have an anxeity problem and my father just passed on on 1/31.
I'm 29 years old 5'4 159 lbs male.

When I breathe in or out the pain isn't effected. When i press on the sternum there is a slight pain. When I am not pressing on anything rightnow there's no pain just discomfort. Collar bone area no pain. Below breast if i press there is pain.

I've experienced no weird sensations in my arm or anything and the only time there's shortness of breath is when I became extremely anxious which honestly I am not rightnow. I wish I cold be more detailed hmm..
 Dr. A. Madia - Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:31 am

First I want you to relax. Heart pains are not like what you describe. They come on usually on exertion, subside on rest, poorly localised, retrosternal, not usually on the left. Non cardiac pain is well localised, tender on touch, and has no relation to exertion.

However you do get a routine check done with your PCP.

Apurva
 wasley81 - Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:37 am

Hi this sounds like the same kinda pain I get but I have had mine for 7 years.
Does your pain get worst the day after you have been drinking aclcohol?
 moreno - Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:49 pm

I have been ignoring it for so long now,I don't think I can handle it any more. A while back around 15 or so (I'm 26 now) I had lots of problems physically. So my rents took me to the doctors. I went to 3 different hospitals and took countless test (very painful) and all of them would say something different. Finally a (can't spell) gasterologist said he wants to run more test but is pretty sure I have chroans disease and he see's detiriation in my hip bones. (like I said can't spell) Since then, every year it seems like I get worse. I crack and pop my bones all the time. I can't help it because it hurts if I don't. I can crack my back and neck every time. Every time I step my knees pop. If I look a certain way my neck pops and I get splitting head aches. My wrist, my inner thighs...pretty much I'm a walking rice crispy. Well, I have learned to deal with these pains over the years until now. In 2006 I started getting chest pains. Thinking it was just an injury I let it go. Now it's almost 2009 and my chest is worse. I can pop it too. When I pop my body it feels good, but when I pop my chest it is so painful. The pain comes and goes and is so uncomfortable, sometimes paralyzing. Today is probably the worst I have felt and I am actually thinking about going to the emergency room.
I am so scared to go to the doctors because being 15 and doing all those test somehow tramatized me and I never want to go through that again. I feel it is getting down to the point where I have no choice. I am in a lot of pain and I have to work tomorrow. (physical labor) I don't think I can do it. I woke up today and my upper left part of my back, and chest hurts so much. My neck is sore and I can barely move without shooting pain. My chest is (on a scale 1 to 10) a 10 for pain and it is putting a lot of strain on my heart and chest. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. So that is what is going on in a nut shell. I just wanted to get some advice before I do go to the doctors so I can know a little bit of what is going on. So I hope this is a common problem that can easily be fixed, but I fear for the worst. Please give me some feed back so I can be more knowledgable and not so scared.

|